<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 10, 2004

I suck 

I know I know entries have been few and far between and when I do post, they suck. Well, they suck more than they used to. Unfortunately studying for this God damn bar exam is taking up way too much of my time and when I have a an hour to spare it's spent zipping through my Tivo'd Mets games. Go nuts with the Mets blogs on the side bar - there's some great stuff out there. I'll try to post when I can and should be back to posting more regularly in a few weeks. From what I can tell . . .

the Mets are still flirting with first place,

Art Howe is still dumber than wart puss,

Rick Peterson's a genius,

John Franco is older than dirt,

Orber Moreno has been spotted on the back of a milk carton,

Mike Stanton blows,

Kazuo Matsui got wind of my All Star Break deadline and has turned his season around,

Richard Hidalgo is making Jim Duquette look good,

Tom Glavine is still money but for some reason, he has yet to endear himself to me. Last year it was just odd to see him in a Mets uni. Then, as he struggled, all of his excuses didn't sit well with me. QUestec, pressure, bad defense blah blah blah. And now that he's pitching well, all of his subtle comments about lack of run support is just more of the same. And from what I can gather, with his lack of strike outs and his superb ERA, while the offense might not be there when he pitches the Mets defense has saved his ass more often than not. Shut up and pitch. Oh, and stop playing make believe GM while you're at it. We don't want that old, crusty homophobe John Smoltz. Now, where was I, oh right, back to this shitty blog entry,

Mike Cameron is swingin a mean stick,

"Ty Wigginton," according to Kaz Matsui, means "this is my hot corner" in Japanese,

Art Howe is still dumb,

Jose Reyes can hit .200 the rest of the season so long as he flashes one of those smiles every couple of games (okay, that smile can get him only so far - say, .250),

"David Wright," according to Jae Weong Seo, means "move over bucket head" in Korean,

Mike Piazza is struggling but who cares - the Mets are an offensive juggernaut (I can't believe I just wrote that) and his bat is just gravy right now,

Cliff Floyd made a great balls to the wall play in left field the other night against the Phillies in the late innings when the Mets were already up like 10 to 1 - that's what I call heart,

While Reyes' smile gets him a pass to only hit .250 the rest of the year, Jason Phillips goggles, while cool, do not get him any such pass,

This Met team is going to be the death of me, or the reason I fail the bar.

That's it for now.
Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?