<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

Doug Pappas Passes Away 

I was saddened to learn from David Pinto's site Baseball Musings that Doug Pappas passed away. Doug was the Chairman of The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) Business of Baseball Committee, wrote for Baseball Prospectus and maintained a baseball related website and daily weblog. I never met Doug but if you have been visiting this site you will remember that Doug participated in my Mets Roundtable Discussion a few months back. I sent Doug a random e-mail asking if he would like to participate in the discussion, never thinking I'd hear back from him - me being a big nobody in the baseball world - and to my surprise Doug responded within hours with well thought out and articulate answers. I offer my deepest condolences to Doug's family. You can read more about Doug's passing at All-Baseball.com, Baseball Prospectus, and SABR's website.
Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?