<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Mets Defense Defenseless? 

David Pinto over at Baseball Musings blames the 18 runs scored against the Mets on poor defense:

There were any number of balls hit that better fielders would have at least kept on the infield. Wigginton looked particularly bad to me; I kept seeing balls go by him that good third basemen would have dove. Ty seemed frozen on his feet.

I was also more impressed with Kaz Matsui's offense than his defense. He was selective at the plate and looks like a very good hitter. But I expected him to be a wizard with the glove, and last night he looked more like Derek Jeter than Ozzie Smith.

Scoring ten runs was great, but they are going to need to do that quite often if they are going to win regularly with that defense.


I didn't see the game (thank God) so I can't quibble with Pinto's assessment. Anyone see the game and agree or disagree?
Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?